Energy-efficient air saves energy which converts into savings via cuts in your energy bills. As compared to central conditioners, room conditioners are less expensive in terms of initial investment and maintenance.
An air conditioner is one of the most beneficial inventions of the modern world. It gives you peace during hot summer days and keeps you away from the devastating heat. These machines are very useful but they are not cheap.
A room air conditioner is ‘an air conditioning system’ (Also known as ‘ระบบปรับอากาศ’ in the Thai language) designed to cool a room or rooms instead of the entire house.
Some basic tips which would help you buy an energy-efficient air conditioner are mentioned below :
- In terms of proportional requirements, buy a conditioner as per the size of your room for a better shot at energy saving.
- Look for portable units wherever possible as central air conditioning is effective but on the higher side of expense. Portable air also combats the loss of cold air through windows.
- Buy an air with respect to SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio).
- Use thick curtains wherever possible to avoid loss of heat.
- Proper up-gradation of insulation at your home will result in saving a lot of heat energy that gets lost. Nowadays, insulation at reasonable rates is available which forms a major step towards making all types of air conditioning efficient in terms of energy.
- Look for good brands which are known for manufacturing quality products when it comes to air conditioning as it saves a lot of money in the long run.
All in all, it is advised to read online feedback of products, compare reviews and do your work before you venture out to buy an air conditioner.